Objectives of the plan The specific objectives of the Plan are to:
• Provide a framework for the collection, treatment and disposal of waste generated within Logan City;
• Set long term targets for the minimisation of waste that is sent to landfill (or other forms of disposal);
• Identify the best options for the long term disposal of waste generated within Logan City;
• Maximise the recovery and reuse of waste that has a further or alternative use, to the greatest extent practicable;
• Ensure ongoing compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements.